News:

• April 25, 2024, 04:37:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installing Windows 7  (Read 11125 times)

Offline SharonAnn

• Max Member
    • http://www.7daysinparadise.com/forums/graemlins/wine.gif
Re: Installing Windows 7
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 09:00:32 AM »
Well, I finally replaced my 8 year old desk top computer at home but am having an email dilema.  Because Windows 7 does not come with Outlook Express, what is the equivalent?  I prefer to store my emails on my computer, not a web based email program.  Also, I have years of some old emails I'd like to be able to import into the new email programs, and contacts.  Any thoughts on my best options (other than purchase Outlook).  Thanks

Offline JohnnyCastaway

• Administrator
  • BAD ROBOT!!
Re: Installing Windows 7
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 11:17:16 AM »
windows 7 now relies on windows Live for email, calendar and contacts, unless you get the office Suite.  Other choices would be thunderbird, which is the firefox add on for email, Pegasus mail (one of my favourites), Eudora, just do a search for Email clients on google and you'll get a boat load of them.  Outlook still is the best overall (IMO) but you may end up having to pay for it.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.