News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:08:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: Dress Code at RHE  (Read 7136 times)

Offline Leila

Dress Code at RHE
« on: March 14, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
Hello All,

My husband and I are leaving Halifax on March 23rd.  We are very excited and why shouldn't we be by reading all the wonderful reviews and enjoying the pictures available here to view.  I have a few questions.  One - dress code at the a la cartes.  We have no issues with "dressing up".  We rather enjoy it after a day in beach wear.  However, when we were at Sandals Hicacos last year, my husband was able to wear his "close toed sandals" instead of his dress shoes when dressed for dinner.  Do you think that may be a problem at the RHE?  Also, the catamaran day trip.  How often does it run?  Daily, every other day?  How close is the Melia Cayo Santa Maria as my brother, his wife and my little 3 year old niece will be there at the same time.  I would enjoy visiting them for 3-4 hours on one day.  Would I be able to bike there, if we get permission from the Melia.  Thankyou for reading.  Look forward to your comments.  Leila in Halifax (and counting the days)  :) )

Offline Macleadv

• Max Member
Re: Dress Code at RHE
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
The issue about dressing up for the restaurants  has been discussed extensively in both the happyfacecuba and tripadvisor cuba forums.  

Hope this will help.

Also going to Royal Hideaway on March 23 from Halifax.

Offline Leila

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
Just a dad,

I guess my more specific question, which hasn't been confirmed in either of those forums is would my husband be allowed to wear to dinner "closed toe sandals" in lieu of dress shoes.  I have seen pictures from the resort where some gentlemen are wearing them and it looks as though they are going to dinner.  Also, someone posted somewhere that their husband was allowed with no problem to wear them, but we really don't want to take a chance. Yet, who really wants to pack both if it's not necessary.

Yes, counting the days.  Looks as though so far we are going to have good travel weather on Friday.  I'm wondering how many of us are leaving for our resort from Halifax on Friday.  My brother, his wife and my little niece are on the same flight but they are going to Melia Cayo Santa Maria.  

I'm expecting this resort to be paradise!!

Cheers!

Offline Jennifer

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »
My husband and I are also leaving for RHE on the 23rd from Toronto.  My husband has never had any problems wearing his sandals with dress pants at restaurants in 5 stars hotels, hope it won't be a problem this time.  It seems that I've read a lot of reviews about this resort when it has not had a huge occupancy, and they are all great. I have this feeling that next week the resort will be full and I hope they have the staff to continue the excellent service that I've read about.  Our package with AT states that we have 5 a la carte dinners a week.  In no reviews have I read that there is a limit to a la carte dinners.  Maybe someone who has been there recently with AT can shed some light on this.
 Jb

Offline JohnnyCastaway

• Administrator
  • BAD ROBOT!!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Leila,
 to be safe, I'd say to pack both, I think the code is "no open toe shoes for men".  As a rule, i usually wear dress shoes for the a-la-cartes, it simplifies things, as you don't have to worry about how strict they are on the rules.

If you want to be sure, you can send them an email at jventas@ensenachos.co.cu to see what they say.

as for the Catamaran trip, when we were there back in September, it only ran on thursdays so we planned for that.  It's an amazing trip, snorkling is awesome.  

i think the Melia is about 10-15 minutes drive away from there, though I'm not sure about day trips there, again, use the email address above to see if they have any policies or offers on it.

Hope that helps.  If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Hope that Leila, Just a Dad and Jennifer, you all have a wonderful trip there, can't wait to hear how it is now, 6 months after we've been there.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Macleadv

• Max Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
I have already contacted the resort about the dress code for the Royal Hideaway Ensenachos and received the following reply:

"Thank you for contacting us and choosing Royal Hideaway Cayo Ensenachos for your holidays. We inform  you that the dressing code for the dinnerin every restaurant is casual elegant, therefore long pants and closed shoes are required. As for the other choices it is just as you state.
 Sincerely and Best regards and of course Good Luck
 Silvio Reguera O'Farrill
 Jefe de Reservas / Reservations Manager/ Chef de Réservations.
 Occidental Royal Hideaway Cayo Ensenachos
 Cayo Ensenachos. Caibarién. Villa Clara. Cuba
 Tel. (53) 042 350300   ext: 8208
 Fax : (53) 042 350302
 E-mail: jreservas@ensenachos.co.cu
 www.royalhideawayensenachos.com
 Es un privilegio servirle/ It's a privilege to serve you/ C'est un privilège vous servir."

For me I am packing and planning to wear closed toe shoes to the evening meals.

Offline Leila

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
Thanks Just a Dad,

My husband will pack both, however we might take a chance some evening the try out the closed sandals.  I have noticed on several pictures whereby the guys are wearing those types of sandals and also "flip flop types", which I don't necessarily agree with the flip flops.

In any case, it sure is getting close and the weather looks good for a Friday departure from Halifax.  Even if it rains, at least it's not snow  :)

Offline beachwalker

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
Hey Leila and Jennifer, we're leaving out of Toronto (from Edmonton) too 23rd.  Can't wait to return to this paradise, just hope the weather forecasts don't pan out, yahoo's is not very good (thunderstorms) but other sites show a bit cloudy and sun, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed - see you on the beach!
 (Vicki and Zed)
eachwalker, aka Beachlover other forums,
 Devotee of Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco and Ensenachos   -
       -
 Caribbean Hotel Reviews

Offline Leila

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 08:02:00 AM »
Hi Beachwalker,

I'm novascotiagal-7 on tripadvisor.  You're returning to RHE?  Wow, makes me know I've made an excellent choice!  What is your take on the sandals/dress shoes?  Also, do you know how close Melia Cayo Santa Maria is?  My brother, his wife and my little niece are traveling on the same flight, but because of my niece they are going to the Melia.  I am hoping to make a quick visit to their resort.  Maybe have to rent a scooter to get there?

3 more sleeps!!!

Offline beachwalker

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 04:00:00 AM »
yes, you can rent scooters but make sure to check which day the guy is there as he was not there every day last year - they have bicycles for free but it's a fair hike if you're not used to bikes!   Otherwise you can order a taxi which comes from the mainland and is therefore a bit pricey but we got one last year to go to Playa Blanca and arranged for him to come back and pick us up and it worked quite well.  While we had him he also let us stop at the Melia and go in to take a look.  Fraid there's no comparison between the two RHE wins hands down LOL.  As to dress code, I understand that men cannot wear opened toed shoes in the evening.  I personally love to dress up and always have sandals on - doesn't really seem fair to the guys but we get away with it!!!
eachwalker, aka Beachlover other forums,
 Devotee of Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco and Ensenachos   -
       -
 Caribbean Hotel Reviews